I woke up this morning and it was COLD in Texas. I really, really like Texas weather because it is sunny and 70-80 most of the time. But today, it's been on-and-off rainy and windy, so I thought what better to have than White Chicken Chili for dinner?!
I usually do most of my meal planning over the weekends. I'll cook up two-three big meals (usually in the crockpot) and eat those throughout the week for lunch and dinner. I'll plan on meeting friends for dinner a couple times throughout the week and I usually order Favor/Uber once over the weekend. (more on that in a future post!)
But this is one of my all-time favorite recipes. It is SO easy. You throw everything in the crockpot and it is finished before you get home. It takes about ten minutes to prepare and then will last you the whole week long!
The Best Ever White Chicken Chili:
- 24-oz chicken broth
- 2 cans of chopped green chiles
- 1 can of great northern beans
- 1 can of black eyed peas (you can use two cans of great northern beans, but I had black eyed peas & they were great!)
- 1 can of hominy
- 1/2 cup of brown rice
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (I used Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 block of cream cheese (don't use lowfat!)
Serve and top with cheese and avocado.
Happy chilly days, friends!