Tuesday, September 29, 2015
How could I not celebrate National Coffee Day? Coffee, Umano, sunshine, mornings, Jitt Joe's, giving back...all my favorite things. And all in one place at one time.
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen this photo...
...from our fun evening at the Umano and Jitt Joe's collaborative coffee release party last week. Umano is an incredible fashion-first company with the incredible mission to empower kids to unleash their creativity. With every product purchased, Umano gives back a backpack full of school supplies. And kids create the artwork featured on every tee and tank.
Jitt Joe's teamed up with Umano to create its newest coffee blend: Morning, Sunshine. (LOVE it) and I really don't think I can imagine a more perfect blend. Sunshine at its finest!
My good friend Sydney and I were so excited to hear some good music, sip some good coffee, and most importantly- support the mission behind Umano. It was a good evening.
In addition...we were told about Umano's SAMPLE SALE this Wednesday (yes...tomorrow) and we are SO excited to hop in line beginning at 4:00 at Elijana Cosmetics in Athens. Y'all...this is a sale you do NOT want to miss. There WILL be a long line, so you may want to head there early. I will be purchasing any and all tee's/tanks I can get my hands on. Like...the George:
and the Tiny Dancer....
$10 tees y'all! $10 tees!
Hope your Tuesday's been great, friends!
Monday, September 28, 2015
I probably should be paying attention in class right now, but....
^^these are my true feelings about class currently. I wish I could say differently, but senioritis is so real y'all.
& I'd much rather tell you about the fun we had this past weekend instead:
Our small group retreated to Lake Hartwell for a weekend full of movies, FOOD, puppy love...
(the newest member of our small group)...
& even more FOOD.
(small group retreat more like small group retrEAT)
It was a fun weekend spending lots of time with an incredible group of girls and retreating from the busy for a few days was necessary.
Monday updates and fun finds:
- I printed this meal planner off of Pinterest and it is keeping me organized this week
- How wonderful are these nachos
- I want to make all the DIY fall decor
- I bit the bullet and got a FitBit after reading this article and I'm nerdy and love data and I think everyone needs one
- LOVE these quick organization tips.
- Currently reading this book and this book and this book and they are all wonderful if you are looking for good reads this fall
- Have you heard about Starbucks new fall latte?
- I started a budget plan after taking FPU and let the saving games begin! (& impulse coffee purchases RIP)
Wednesday, September 23, 2015
I don't have kids, but if I did, I'm pretty sure I'd make these every day. They are the cutest things! Not to mention they are both easy and delicious as well. Hey! Maybe I will make them every day anyways until then?
You use a simple homemade cornbread recipe...
slice up maple chicken breakfast sausage,
mix everything in a muffin tin....
and bake until ready:
Serve with a side of real maple syrup, and you've got yourself a wholesome breakfast!
More syrup the merrier. Always. Rise and Shine, it's breakfast time! Happy humpday friends!
*slightly adapted from Iowa Girl Eats Honey Jalapeno Cornbread
- If you want to know a step-by-step tutorial on Cakepop-making, follow me on snapchat: @haletotheyess
- I need these cookies in my life.
- Yes to all the blanket scarves.
- Good Spread has rebranded and it's beautiful. BOGO (Buy One Give One)
- Colder weather is coming and this moisturizer is all you need.
- This Macklemore music video is the best and I want to remake it in a downtown street with a hundred of my closest friends.
- Christmas is in 92 days.
Breakfast Corn Dog Muffins (w/ maple chicken sausage)
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup of flour
3 TBS butter melted
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1/3 cup apple sauce
¼ cup maple syrup
1 cup almond milk
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 package of maple chicken sausage/breakfast chicken sausage links
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except for chicken sausage
2. Dice chicken sausage links into thirds
3. Place each third in a muffin tin
4. Cover with cornbread mixture
5. Bake 15-18 minutes at 350 until ready!
Thursday, September 17, 2015
1. Both my room and my car are currently simultaneously clean. (usually its one or the other) and so life is good.
2. Fall is great and I love it.
3. 5&10 was wonderful and you should check it out asap if you are in the Athens area.
4. Fans are great. Weird, but true fact: I currently sleep with two box fans and a ceiling fan. I'm a fan fan.
5. Bath and Body Works candles are a dream. Mahogany Teakwood is my favorite.
|(except I'm indecisive and my favorite changes every day)|
6. My Emily Ley planner came in this week!! Now if it only started this month instead of Jan. 2016! Not going to rush the new year just yet though. (EVEN THOUGH CHRISTMAS IS IN 99 days!)
7. Class is not great, but it's great that I only have one more year of it!
8. Tacqueria Tsunami (& fun lunch dates) in Athens are a good break from class. (get the queso tots and the South of the Border bowl, y'all.)
9. Avia is one of my good friends and her blog is wonderful. And we have some fun collabs coming up, so stay tuned!
12. the life-changing magic of tidying up is wonderful. Now HOPEFULLY* it will keep me inspired to KEEP both my car and room clean. simultaneously.
13. New business cards from MOO just came in and I LOVE THEM. Thanks, MOO!
Happy Thursday, y'all! Cheers to the almost* weekend!
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
I have a very, very hard time posting about the most memorable events in my life. Since I've been blogging, I tend to put off writing about the memories I love the most. It's nearly impossible to describe my most memorable moments in just pictures and words- from family vacations, best friends' engagements, birthday celebrations, trips to Disney, New York, Hawaii, Chicago, Haiti (Haiti was the most difficult of all!)....these are the posts that are the hardest to create.
There are NO words that will ever live up to the memory itself. So for these posts, I usually just sit in front of the blank screen a while before I finally throw some words and photos on the blog to document the moment & call it a day.
Which leads me to why I've been putting off this post!
Well, I've been putting this post off ,because Hugh Acheson's 5&10 in Athens, Georgia made all of my dinner dreams come true and I just could not find the words to describe the most perfect of dining experiences...
Every single detail...from the serene natural lighting of the restaurant, to the detailed menu, to the thoughtfulness of each seasonal ingredient and each course plating... not to mention the incredible service! It was all just fantastic. Nope, I did not get paid to write this post. 5&10 really is just this wonderful.
|Crisp Pork Belly: pickled cherry, shaved celery salad, grilled corn, peanut aioli|
Check out this pasta...
|5&10 Pasta Laces: creme fraiche, preserved eggplant, banana peppers, benne seed, summer sage|
it was all a dream.
5&10 is also incredibly accommodating for those with food allergies as well, and work hard to adjust any of their menus to fit your dietary needs. (if you call beforehand)
|Glazed North Carolina Trout: anson mills farro, onion broth, pecorino, fried kale|
It was so great to chat over delicious food, share a delicious meal, and to just be present in the moment instead of rushing, rushing...
|Brown Butter Panna Cotta: Pear caramel, thyme (usually comes w/ oat cookie but was made gf w/out)|
Friday, September 11, 2015
Last night I headed to Atlanta for the Emily Ley Simplified Planner Launch party hosted by Swoozie's in Buckhead and it was a blast! In case you haven't heard, the new 2016 Simplified Planner was released on September 9th...
(I've had this date in my calendar a long time....planning when to purchase your next planner is a thing!)
And of course, I ordered one right away!
Upon arriving at Swoozies, we were greeted at the party with fun some fun treats...
more fun treats...
(gummy bears AND pineapple shakes!?! yum)
&then I got to meet and chat with Emily, the designer herself....
(aka my CREATIVE IDOL)- who is even sweeter in real life!! (which you really wouldn't think is possible, but it is. She's adorable!)
it was such a fun evening and I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new Simplified Planner at the front door! (maybe I'll make some pineapple cupcakes in the meantime!?) Thanks so much Swoozie's Buckhead for hosting such a fun evening and thanks Emily for inspiring us to achieve our creative dreams with joy and a standard of grace!
Friday, September 4, 2015
Can we just post up all the praise-hands emojis right now because it is FRIDAY!? AND it is a three-day weekend? This calls for unlimited salsa dancing emojis as well. (and maybe some chips and salsa too) You feelin' me?!
And now, let's chat over a cup of coffee. (or two)
If we were having coffee right now.....
....Yes. That is a Pumpkin Spice Latte fan pass to get an early PSL. And if you visit this website right here, you can get yourself one too.
&I'm not going to lie...I almost cried tears of joy upon receiving it. (I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed about this or not?) Bring on the pumpkin everything. Bring on the fuzzy scarves. Bring on the fall. Bring on the football, which would bring me to...
THE GAME THIS WEEKEND.
If we were having coffee right now, we'd probably discuss the dawg victory that's about to happen this Saturday at noon between the hedges & I'd show you this little throwback from game day last year:
If we were having coffee right now, I'd ask you about your Labor Day plans. & tell you I plan on catching up on school work, tidying the house a bit, and we're thinking of doing some hiking and picnic-ing, and some North Point service attending since there's an extra labor-free day this weekend.
I'd also tell you I'm going to make my favorite, favorite salad this weekend using Blue Diamond's new blueberry almonds.
(which truly are wonderful. you need a bag or two of these in your life)
-chicken apple sausage
-Blue Diamond Blueberry Almonds
=best salad. try it. make it. love it.
I will also be finishing my new favorite book-love this weekend, For the Love by Jen Hatmaker.
Do y'all remember when we did the Seven Experiment by Jen Hatmaker a little over a year ago? (wow, does time fly!!) Well Jen is back and her new book is out and it is great. She is one of the most hilarious authors and I don't think I've ever laughed so hard while reading.
If we were having coffee right now, I'd tell you I'm not usually a ranter, but I just have to throw this one out there! There has been much negative chat and discussion over those who love social media lately. I just have to say I AM a social media lover. I love instagram. I love facebook. I love snapchat. I take social media classes at school. I read books about the effects of social media on products and people and businesses. (nerd alert for real) I love seeing people post what they are passionate about. and I'm inspired by those who are willing to step out of their comfort zones and share their talents with the world. I know social media has its bad too, but friends, social media lovers are not all bad people! Okay, rant over.
If we were having coffee right now, I'd tell you about this article about this sheep that I saw this morning on my newsfeed and I laughed out loud. #sweaterweather
that poor sheep!
And if we were having coffee right now, I'd conclude with let's get another Pumpkin Spice Latte REAL soon and a Go Dawgs.
Happy weekend, friends!!
*Blue Diamond sent me the almonds to try, but I did not receive compensation for this post. All opinions are my own and I wouldn't share a product I didn't love.