I don't have kids, but if I did, I'm pretty sure I'd make these every day. They are the cutest things! Not to mention they are both easy and delicious as well. Hey! Maybe I will make them every day anyways until then?
You use a simple homemade cornbread recipe...
slice up maple chicken breakfast sausage,
mix everything in a muffin tin....
and bake until ready:
Serve with a side of real maple syrup, and you've got yourself a wholesome breakfast!
More syrup the merrier. Always. Rise and Shine, it's breakfast time! Happy humpday friends!
*slightly adapted from Iowa Girl Eats Honey Jalapeno Cornbread
- If you want to know a step-by-step tutorial on Cakepop-making, follow me on snapchat: @haletotheyess
- I need these cookies in my life.
- Yes to all the blanket scarves.
- Good Spread has rebranded and it's beautiful. BOGO (Buy One Give One)
- Colder weather is coming and this moisturizer is all you need.
- This Macklemore music video is the best and I want to remake it in a downtown street with a hundred of my closest friends.
- Christmas is in 92 days.
Breakfast Corn Dog Muffins (w/ maple chicken sausage)
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup of flour
3 TBS butter melted
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1/3 cup apple sauce
¼ cup maple syrup
1 cup almond milk
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 package of maple chicken sausage/breakfast chicken sausage links
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except for chicken sausage
2. Dice chicken sausage links into thirds
3. Place each third in a muffin tin
4. Cover with cornbread mixture
5. Bake 15-18 minutes at 350 until ready!