Hello, hello! How is everyone's Wednesday going so far? I just realized it's been a LONG time since I've set some monthly goals. So I'm putting them down on paper this July for some accountability! Want to join me?
1. First up: Meal planning. I neeeeed to meal plan. There are SO many benefits to meal planning each week:
Meal planning allows you to...
- use what you have on hand
- avoid impulse grocery purchases (um. yes. I do have a problem with this)
- know what to expect each day
- prep and prepare for meals beforehand
- stick to a grocery budget
- eat healthier meal choices
- plan accordingly for eating out/coffee dates
My Fitness Pal
Money-Saving Mom Recipes
2. And on the meal planning/saving note, I would love to start budgeting again. Last year, I did some intense budgeting. But it's been a while since I've really thought about where my money is going and I really want to get back in the swing of things this month. I would love to get back to Haiti (or other world travels!!!!) ASAP & with a budget in mind, this will be so much easier!
3. July goal #3: Put on the sunscreen!! I have a great post coming your way about this one that I'm pretty excited about. Protect the skin your in. EVERYDAY!
4. July goal #4: Walk at least an hour each day.
I've been petsitting this little cutie this past week...
....so getting outside has been really easy. But I really have been neglecting walks lately and I would love to make them a habit again. Cue the long walks, podcasts, and Pandora channels. Outdoors, I'm coming for ya!
5. Goal #6: Sponsor one of the sweet children we met in Haiti.
It has really been on my heart lately to sponsor one of the kids we met on our trip a couple of weeks ago. The 410 Bridge offers the opportunity for you to help supply school supplies & support children's education so that they are able to attend school. Can't wait to do this!
6. Goal #6: Be intentional. This is a broad goal, but lately I feel like my mind has been everywhere. I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed with projects and to-dos that I haven't really sat down and been intentional with my time or those who mean the most to me. I need to clear some of the mind-clutter (& maybe some physical clutter too) so that I can be present in conversations, actions, and life!
This is an link for lots of intentional-living posts that have really inspired me: Intentional By Grace
7. and finally.... Goal 7: SOAK UP EVERY DROP OF SUMMER. I can't believe it is going to be gone before we know it. I just want to soak it all in and make the most of my time before classes start back.
Hope your summer has been full of sunshine!