Y'all, this past week I was able to try out my first Pure Barre fitness class at Pure Barre Athens and it was a BLAST!
I wore a pair of yoga leggings, a tank top, and brought a pair of socks along with me. I was told all equipment would be provided.
Here is a pre-Pure Barre selfie. I was too excited....
I was greeted at the door by Connie- the Athens Pure Barre owner- and our instructor for the next hour. She showed me around and told me about all the equipment we would be using. She also showed me all of the cute workout-wear you can purchase right in store.
I. wanted. it. all.
The class was high energy and the upbeat music kept me motivated from the start to the end. Connie did an amazing job encouraging us the entire class. We did lots of small, controlled body movements that BURNED.
Y'all, my abs and legs and arms and everything were on FIRE. I didn't even know that I had muscles in some of those areas. But my soreness today revealed to me that I, in fact, do have muscles in those areas.
What I loved about Pure Barre:
- No one really cares what you look like and/or if you are doing everything right. I thought everyone was going to be a Pure Barre professional in there! But everyone was so genuine and kind!
- I LOVED that Connie walked around and helped us with our posture and form. I LOVED knowing that I was getting the most out of my workout time.
- The music is incredible. I believe the best workout classes are ones where you are feeling the burn, but you totally forget you are working out. The music had me in the zone!
- The soreness I feel today! I can feel every muscle in my body.... every step I take. And I love that! It was a good workout.
- Once you complete 100 classes, you get to sign the "100" Barre and join the "100 Barre club"
How fun and motivating is this?! I definitely want to get my name up there!
My thoughts: I think you should take a Pure Barre fitness class ASAP. It is so much fun and very different from any other class I've taken before. The instructors are really encouraging and make you feel so comfortable throughout the class. It was a great workout and I'm looking forward to taking another class soon.
If you are looking to try a Pure Barre Athens class you can reach them through...
Phone: (706) 850-4000