As you probably know, I like to bake a lot! I love mixing up different ingredients and combining them together to make special treats. And I love the smile on everyone's faces once they've received my sweet desserts. Treats just make everyone happy! Lately, I've been on a cookie craze. I've made at least 16 dozen cookies in the past two weeks. (this isn't an exaggeration!)
I have made at least three batches of Sally's Baking Addiction Cake Batter Chocolate Chip cookies...
Everyone just loves them! And they are my favorite cookie to send in the mail for celebrations and care packages. I also made her Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookies recently.
And THESE incredible Chewy Chocolate cookies are incredible! They remind me of the Chewy cookies I used to get at the Great American Cookies in the mall.
I LOVE baking, but I think I would be nowhere without my favorite baking essentials.
Here are a few of my favorite baking essentials that I just couldn't bake without!
1. Parchment Paper: Parchment paper is a LIFE saver. Simply line your cookie or brownie pan before baking and you have almost zero mess to clean up afterwards. I'm telling you, you need to invest in some parchment paper before you take one more step closer to your kitchen!
|Parchment Paper from Amazon (but I buy mine at my local grocery store)|
2. Cookie Scoop: I just recently purchased two new cookie scoops and they are the best thing since sliced bread, I'm telling ya! I found mine at Bed, Bath, & Beyond (and you can find coupons HERE), but I think you could use different sized ice-cream scoopers as well. They make for perfectly sized cookies and muffins so that everything bakes evenly in the oven. I have a small one for small cookies/mini muffins and a medium size scoop for larger treats.
|Blueberry Muffins Recipe|
3. Muffin Cup liners: Pretty muffin cup liners make me SO happy! Some people collect jewelry, some people collect nick-knacks. I collect muffin cup liners. I have a stock pile for every season. Bring on the stripes and the polkadots and the zigzag and holiday themed liners! these are some snazzy cheetah print ones...
|My Pineapple Zucchini Muffins|
4. Donut Pan: I think you should stop what you are doing and run to your local Target or Michaels or TJ Maxx and grab yourself a donut pan right now!
|Wilton Non-stick 6-Cavity Donut Pan from Amazon|
I haven't used mine recently, but I can not WAIT to whip it out and make my favorite baked lemonade donuts. (I have had people beg for these!)
|My Baked Lemonade Donuts Recipe|
I have also seen many apple-cider donut recipes floating around the internet. How perfect would those be for fall!?
5. Sprinkles: WHAT in the world would I do without sprinkles? I definitely couldn't make my favorite Cake batter cookies.
Or my roommate, Sydney's, favorite Salted Chocolate Saltine Toffee Bark.
(which she has requested as the next treat I should make. hopping on that Syd!) Sprinkles make recipes so much fun. And are a definite essential in the kitchen.
And there ya have it! My favorite five baking essentials! Happy Thursday, friends!
Question of the Day: What would you add to the baking essentials list?