1. If something says "lilikoi"...AKA "passion fruit"... buy it. Just buy it. We've purchased and/or sampled lilikoi butter, lilikoi tea, lilikoi soap, lilikoi lotion, lilikoi juice, lilikoi cheesecake. it's wonderful. WHERE HAS PASSION FRUIT BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE, DANG IT!?!
2. Hawaiian Farmer's Markets are THE best. Ever. We visited the Halei'wa farmer's market on the North Shore this evening after spending the day sunning... and it had everything you can imagine! Local fruits, baked goods, jellies, jams, farm fresh burgers, homemade crepes, juices. It. was. wonderful.
3. I didn't realize how much I looove all things pineapple/coconut until visiting Hawaii.
4. I've learned to like running! I'm very, VERY excited about this one. Before visiting Hawaii, I was not confident about my running skills at all. We've been running 2-4 miles each day in the morning or evening and the runs have been so, so beautiful! Check out my morning run view...
5. Sometimes, you just gotta get the Huli Huli chicken from a food truck. At first, I was super nervous about this one. I'm not a big fan of seeing my chicken and everyone else's rotisser-izing right in front of my eyes. But this was one of THE BEST meals I've ever had in my life. Huli Huli chicken+rice+pineapple coleslaw...Hawaiian HEAVEN.
6. Uahi Island Grill has a FABULOUS Kalua Pork 'n Kale plate. And I hear that Guy Fieri from Food Network has visited here. SO delicious. (and we got lilikoi cheesecake for dessert afterwards. Obviously!)