At first, I was thinking about calling these "Missing Top Left Corner Chocolate Chip Bars." You know... when you accidentally have to eat the top left corner of the pan for tasting purposes?
and then you have to take a close up picture
and pretend you are completely oblivious and innocent to the fact that the top upper-left corner is missing....
See? No top left corner missing here!
But then I decided that "Missing Top Left Corner Chocolate Chip Bars" didn't have a good ring to it.
And if you were to bring these to a family reunion, Thanksgiving dinner, faculty brunch (which you should because these bars are so, so delicious and everyone will want to hug you) "Missing Top Left Corner Chocolate Chip Bars" is a mouthful to respond when everyone asks you about these chocolatey, chewy treats.
These delicious bars are a lot like brownies, except you use white chocolate to make the batter, instead of cocoa powder. And you use coconut oil instead of butter for the extra chewy-ness factor.
And of course, you always toss in chocolate chips. Always.
I had a really hard time coming up with a name for these bars after deciding that "Missing Top Left Corner Chocolate Chip Bars" just wasn't going to work.
But because of the chilly, chilly day. And because our family dinner conversation somewhat revolved around a bear in the woods which somehow turned into a story about polar bears living in South Carolina (Yes, I really don't know. I have crazy cousins to thank for this story.) and because there is white chocolate in these treats, Polar Bear Bars sounded perfect.
and after a couple of hours, a lot more than just the leftcorner was missing from the pan.
These chocolatey bars are melt-in-your-mouth delicious when you first take them right out of the oven. And pair perfectly with a glass of cold milk.
And since it is almost Thanksgiving, which means it is almost Christmas, which means Santa is on his way, you need to make these right now to test out for him.
Santa likes Polar Bears.
And I'm sure he would also wouldn't mind trying a
"Missing Left Corner Chocolate Chip Bar"...err um... Polar Bear Bar.
Polar Bear Bars Recipe:
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup of milk chocolate chips
1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil
1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. of baking soda
1 1/4 Cup of flour
1 Cup of sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 and prepare a 9x13 baking pan.(I always line my pans with Parchment paper)
2. On low heat, melt white chocolate chips and coconut oil together.
3. While melting white chocolate chips and oil, mix your flour, sugar, and baking soda in a separate mixing bowl.
4. Add the white chocolate and oil mixture to the mixing bowl. Crack in the eggs and add the vanilla extract.
5. Toss in 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
6. Pour into 9x13 pan and bake for 18-22 minutes.
7. Let cool and enjoy!
8. Get on Santa's nice list with Polar Bear Bars, but make sure you sample the left corner of them first.